Monday, March 24, 2014

Flamingo Halter Suit



So, here I am sewing along with Project Run & Play again, even though I am a new mother of a brand new baby girl (will share pics soon) and over three weeks sleep deprived. I can't even manage to do a load of laundry, but when you must sew, you must sew. I've had this flamingo suit in the works now for a couple of months and when I saw the first theme for this season of PR&P was Put Me in The Zoo, this project moved to the front of the queue.



So I have a connection with someone who has a fabric sublimation printer that prints specifically on spandex/swimwear fabric. I love making swimsuits and the thought of designing my own fabric for suits is thrilling! Because I have my swimsuit pattern digitized already, I simply bought this flamingo image off of Shutterstock, and fit it onto my pattern piece on Photoshop how I wanted, then had it printed off! I also printed off the solid coral back piece to match.




Since week three's theme is to design your own fabric, I will be sharing another swimsuit design I have in the works! Hopefully...







How do you mothers of 3+ children get ANYTHING done?

28 comments:

  1. I am so incredibly jealous! That swimsuit is darling and having access to that is AMAZING!!! Can't wait to see the other swimsuit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beyond fabulous! I'm in love sigh he whole thing....flaming, ruffles, polka dots. Double amazing with a newborn. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made a FLAMINGO SWIMSUIT! So awesome. Oh and I feel like I can't get anything done either...but I can sew because I almost never leave the house and I'd rather not be solely nursing/cleaning/folding laundry ALL day long. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. that printer sounds like the most fun ever! I only have 2 kids and I don't get anything done, so can't imagine how people with more kids do. Awesome swim suit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE! Can I please have one for me! Also my daugther would freak out if she had a flamingo swimsuit. That's overly cool! Btw.: Congrats on the baby!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cool way to design fabric. I'd love a swimsuit like that! Very cute style.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love love love this swimsuit! The fabric is awesome. And yes, my family will go hungry before I stop sewing...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chelise - this is beyond amazing!!!! I love this so much :-). And about the 3+ kids....well I'm not ashamed to admit that we might not have the most clean house ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cool! I can't wait to see what other swimsuits you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, you are a genius! So so cool! and with a new born baby this is basically a miracle, right! Man, my girls would FREAK if they had a bathing suit like that. What about a little production now that you have nothing else to do, ha.

    ReplyDelete
  11. absolutely love this! really awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is SO fantastic! I love it! And I have one child, and still no time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely awesome! Bring on week three so we can see the other suit

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ummm Whaaaat? Get the heck out of here! It's amazing. AMAZING. You are wonder woman.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Our flamingo submission was not half as cool as yours! Truly fantastic. But I know what you mean about when you have to sew...it was the themes that got me this season!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is absolutely awesome! I knew it was possible to print your own fabric, but I never knew something like this was possible. A totally customised swimsuit - great all over!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is so awesome to be able to print on swimsuit material!!! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You're basically living every seamstresses dream being able to print out your own fabric - even if it only pertains to swimwear. This is gorgeous!

    Congratulations on the win. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. YAY!!!! You won!!! But of course you did... this bathing suit is fantastic!!!

    Natalie
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW! You're a wonder woman with a new baby & amazing artistically talented. Congratulations!
    http://xoxograndma.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, wow, wow. Love the suit. Love the fabric. You should put up both for sale. I'll buy them!

    ReplyDelete
  22. That is too cute. We just bought our daughter and sons some matching swimsuits with flamingos on them. I am so glad I am a parent not and we can buy them the cutest things. I do not remember this type of variety being on the market when I was a kid or maybe my parents just didn't take us.

    Ceilia @ Chynna Dolls

    ReplyDelete